We are committed to sustainable business practices that preserve and enhance the environment.
As part of good business practice and through our Sustainability Program we undertake a number of initiatives across the business to reduce our environmental footprint. These include:
- monitoring the purpose-built fauna underpasses, sediment ponds and gross pollutant traps to protect local waterways from run-off from the motorways
- repairing drainage channels along the motorways to reduce erosion, loss of topsoil and prevent silt running into water courses
- working with local environmental groups to enhance and protect habitats
- undertaking recycling at our corporate offices and customer service centres, including the recycling of electronic toll tags, construction materials (where appropriate) and paper
- revegetating construction areas across our motorways with a native seed mix, consisting of a variety of plant species prevalent in the local area
- establishing a Sustainability Committee to drive awareness and educate our staff through internal initiatives.
Our environmental management is accredited by the International Standards Organisation 14000 Series.
For more information about our commitment to sustainability, please read our inaugural Sustainability Report published in 2012.